You know, Alexa isn’t all business. Sure, the all-knowing Amazon voice assistant has a lot on her plate when it comes to running your smart home, streaming your music, protecting your valuables, and enriching your kin, but she’s also a talented jokester and a life-of-the-party companion. When it comes to Alexa’s looser, more comedic and surprising side, there’s a never-ending pantheon of commands you can give the voice assistant to experience her many entertainment chops.
Check out this fun list of weird questions that range from bodily noises to movie references. And, after you’ve asked her everything you can think of, here are some of the best games to play with Alexa.
Whether bodily noises give you the giggles or you just want to mess with your cat, Alexa has what you need. Here are some noise commands to try:
- “Alexa, can you fart?” Yes, yes, she can.
- “Alexa, can you burp?” Alexa will give you a funny response.
- “Alexa, bark.” She’ll bark, but if you tell her to bark a few more times, things get out of hand, and she starts rapping using dog noises — not recommended.
- “Alexa, throw up.” She’ll reply with a funny quip.
- “Alexa, meow.” She will make various meowing noises that will drive your cats crazy. (Our author’s cat was both befuddled and impressed that a tiny cat could fit inside my Amazon Echo Dot.)
- “Alexa, can you bark?” She can, although she sounds like the whole pound.
- “Alexa, can you cough?” She’ll give you a flippant response.
- “Alexa, can you cluck like a chicken?” Alexa will cluck, then tell a chicken joke.
- “Alexa, can you cry like a baby?” She cries, then gets her spirits up.
Alexa doesn’t mind if your questions get personal. Try these questions:
- “Alexa, how much do you weigh?”
- “Alexa, are you pretty?”
- “Alexa, who is your best friend?”
- “Alexa, how was your day?”
- “Alexa, do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?”
- “Alexa, where do you live?”
- “Alexa, what’s your favorite color?”
- “Alexa, how old are you?”
- “Alexa, who is the voice of Alexa?”
- “Alexa, are you weird?”
- “Alexa, how tall are you?”
- “Alexa, what do you want to be when you grow up?”
We don’t blame you for wanting to know just what kind of artificial intelligence Alexa is and how she feels about other A.I. These questions should clear things up.
- “Alexa, do you know Cortana?”
- “Alexa, do you know Siri?”
- “Alexa, Mac or PC?”
- “Alexa, which phone is best?” (Technically a follow-up question, but it doesn’t have to be.)
- “Alexa, are you a robot?”
- “Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?” (She has the updated list of four, so Asimov would be proud.)
- “Alexa, what is the value of pi?” (Don’t worry, she doesn’t go on forever.)
- “Alexa, are we in the Matrix?”
- “Alexa, roll a die” (Useful for games and bets.)
- “Alexa, is the cake a lie?” (Yes, Alexa is fully aware of the joke here.)
- Super Alexa Mode is fun too.
Alexa’s novelty never seems to wear off, partly due to the weird things you can make the device do. Here are some of the oddest skills Alexa possesses:
- Flush the Toilet: Alexa will flush a non-existent toilet.
- When you’ve got the blues, the Flatter Me skill will make Alexa give you compliments.
- “Alexa, enable Gordon Ramsay.” With this skill, Alexa will be prompted to ask Gordon Ramsay to roast your cooking ability.
- Super Burp will make Alexa share a variety of nasty burp noises.
- The Talk Like Snoop skill allows you to ask Alexa how to say sentences like Snoop Dog.
- The Cat Translator claims it can translate your cat’s meows, but your cat has to meow first, which is not always an easy thing to get on command.
- The Pikachu Talk skill lets you ask Pikachu questions and have a one-on-one chat with the Pokémon character, with Alexa translating.
- Chewbacca Chat does the same thing as Pikachu Talk, except it replaces Pikachu with Chewbacca from Star Wars.
- Egg Facts gives an abundance of egg facts — more egg facts than you knew existed or will ever need to know.
- Make Me Smart keeps you updated on the latest world news, covering everything from pop culture to current events and the economy.
- Wondering if you can handle another one? Beer Goggles is a quirky skill that will ask you a series of questions to help you determine whether or not you can afford to have another one poured. Of course, it’s merely an entertaining Alexa skill, so do use your actual best judgement when deciding.
- “Alexa, surely you can’t be serious?”
- “Alexa, where is Chuck Norris?” The answer may shock you.
- “Alexa, tell me a ‘yo momma’ joke.”
- “Alexa, spell ‘ICUP.’” (She’s surprisingly modest.)
- “Alexa, do aliens exist?”
- “Alexa, is your refrigerator running?”
- “Alexa, what happens if you step on a Lego?”
- “Alexa, why is six afraid of seven?”
- “Alexa, do you believe in ghosts?”
- “Alexa, do you know the muffin man?”
- “Alexa, I want the truth.”
- “Alexa, I am your father!”
- “Alexa, open the pod bay doors.”
- “Alexa, define rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock.”
- “Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya!”
- “Alexa, your mother was a hamster!”
- “Alexa, what happens if you cross the streams?”
- “Alexa, are you Skynet?”
- “Alexa, tea. Earl Grey. Hot.”
- “Alexa, how do you know so much about swallows?”