PayPal is one of the largest online payment platforms in the world. But to use the services offered by the online payment platform, you need to have a registered account. If you don’t, the process to create one that actually works in Nigeria is very simple and fast and can be done both on the PC and mobile phone. Below, I’ll show you how to create an account on PayPal in Nigeria that sends, receive and withdraws money.
How to create an account on PayPal in Nigeria
First, it is important to clarify that PayPal allows you to create an account depending on the need, you can register a personal or business profile.
The platform requires this document so that you can use your resources with complete security, such as sending a value to your bank account. Therefore, I advise you to fill in the information carefully.
That said, follow the instructions below to learn how to create a working PayPal in Nigeria:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to paypal.com/ae;
- Click “Create account” in the upper right corner;
- Select the PayPal business account and click “Next”;
- Enter your valid personal details and business details then click the “Next” button;
- Confirm your PayPal account from the mail sent by PayPal;
- You can now sign in to your new PayPal account and start sending and receiving payments”.
For a detailed explanation and walkthrough on how to open a PayPal account in Nigeria, follow the steps listed below carefully.
Open the browser and Go to paypal.com
Now, open paypal.com on your browser, change the URL to paypal.com/ls (Lesotho) or paypal.com/ae (UAE). Nigeria PayPal is limited, so you have to sign up using other Africa countries that have full access to PayPal.
Select PayPal Business Account
Choose the business account from the category to sign up for a Paypal business account. The reason you are signing up for a business account is because a business account gives you more access, such as creating invoices and requesting for payments. Please don’t select a personal account.
Enter valid personal information and credentials
The next screen that opens will require you to enter your personal information, now take note of the following;
- Name: Enter your first name and last name the exact way they appear on your valid ID card.
- Business name: You can enter your name here again or if you have a registered business, you can input the name in this section;
- Phone number: Click the country flag/country code then change it to Nigeria. Enter your Nigeria phone number. Don’t skip this step.
- Postcode: Enter your postcode
- Business Address: You can choose to use your residential address as your business address too.
- Currency: Choose the currency you want to recieve payment in. It is advisable to select US Dollars.
Now click on submit.
Confirm your PayPal account
PayPal will send an email with a link to confirm your Paypal account. Open the link and your PayPal account will be confirmed.
Sign in to your new PayPal account
Next, you can now sign in to your PayPal account and complete the remaining steps like giving additional information about your business and linking a card to your PayPal account.
Once you are done with the remaining steps, be rest assured that you now have a working PayPal account in Nigeria that can send, receive and withdraw money.
If you have any questions whatsoever, please them in the comments section below and a response will be made to them as soon as possible.