Presidents Day 2021 is right around the corner, and that can only mean one thing: Presidents Day sales. OK, maybe not only one thing. It’s still a time for friends and family to come together and honor our founding father. But we can’t dismiss the fact that — like any long weekend — it has been transformed into a shopping bonanza. This means we can expect to see steep discounts on everything from iPads and laptops to mattresses and 4K TVs at retailers like Amazon, Best Buy, and Dell. So if you have something on your shopping list, this is the time to buy.
While there aren’t a massive number of Presidents Day deals happening now, come February 15 we’re going to be tripping over hundreds — and with each retailer claiming to offer the biggest discounts in town, separating the good deals from the bad will seem like an impossible task. Fortunately, Digital Trends is here to help: We’re cataloging all of the best Presidents Day sales here. If you find a product or service you like the look of listed below, you can rest assured it’s: A) the cheapest price we’ve seen it for; and B) is deserving of your hard-earned cash.
- Amazon: Savings across a variety of different categories, including laptops.
- Casper: Save up to $940 on select mattresses and up to 60% on bedding.
- Dell: Massive discounts not only on laptops, monitors, and smart home.
- Dyson: As much as $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners and fans.
- HP: Up to 55% off laptops, monitors, and printers.
- Leesa: Price cuts of up to $375 on best-selling mattresses.
- Lowe’s: Up to 40% off appliances like refrigerators and washer-dryers.
- Nectar: Discounts and $300 worth of free goodies with every mattress.
- Target: Up to 25% off home decor, including furniture and lighting.
- Tempur-Pedic: Save up to $500 on select mattress sets.
- Tuft & Needle: 10% off sitewide and up to 15% off mattresses.
See more Presidents Day mattress deals
See more Presidents Day TV deals
Presidents Day always falls on February 15, George Washington’s birthday. You won’t have to wait till then to take home the latest must-have appliance on the cheap, though. Most retailers will start their Presidents Day sales a little earlier — usually the week before. There are a few that have already kicked them off though, including Casper. In typical fashion, we’ll be rounding up all the retailers participating in the price-cutting festivities above as soon as they cast some discounts into the wild in the name of Presidents Day, so keep checking back.
Are Presidents Day sales too good to be true?
For every good deal out there on Presidents Day, there will be at least dozen bad. That’s why it’s important to not only consult an impartial source of buying advice to find out whether the offer you’re looking at is really worth your hard-earned cash, but to also have an understanding of the tricks retailers use to trick customers into thinking they’re looking at the deal of the century. Fortunately, we’re on hand to help — we’ve thrown together some expert advice to make sure you’re getting the best possible deal this Presidents Day 2021.
- Compare: It can be hard to do this for clothing, but if you’re shopping for electronics, a quick check of other stores can help you decide if you’re getting a good price (if you found the deal here, skip this step).
- Read: Some sales aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, but you have to read all of the details to know that. BOGO could mean a variety of things and mail-in rebates are always more work than they ought to be.
- Think: Deals were designed to get you to make an impulsive buying decision, so make sure you do your due diligence before clicking Buy Now. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be sensible.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.