How to migrate Groups from WhatsApp to Telegram
Unfortunately, there is no specific tool that allows you to transfer groups from WhatsApp to Telegram. But that doesn’t mean you’ll have to select contact by contact to perform the migration. In fact, the process is quite simple and consists only of creating a new group on Telegram and sharing the invitation link on WhatsApp.
- Open the Telegram app;
- Tap the pencil icon in the lower right corner;
- Tap “New Group”;
- Add at least one person and tap the arrow icon;
- Choose the name, group photo, and then tap “✓”
- Tap the group name at the top;
- Tap “Add Member”;
- Tap “Invite to Group via Link”;
- Tap the “Copy Link” option;
- Open WhatsApp and enter the group you want to migrate;
- Send the link and ask contacts to sign in.
It is important to remember that Telegram allows up to 200,000 people in a group, an incomparably higher figure compared to the 256 members of WhatsApp. The blue messenger also supports responses, mentions, hashtags and group video calls, but the latter is still in the testing phase.
That is, in addition to migrating your friends to another platform in a simple and fast way, avoiding the manual process of selecting contact by contact, you will also be able to add more people in the group, in addition to having access to resources that are not available in the competitor.
As much as the process is not automatic, given that we are talking about different messengers and there is no specific tool for this, it is much more practical and can be done in a few minutes.