Although macOS is visually beautiful and has interesting features, Apple’s operating system still has some limitations. One of the most criticized is that it does not recognize Android devices by default, thus preventing the transfer of files. Fortunately, you can work around this problem by using Google software. Follow this tutorial to learn how to transfer files from Android to macOS.
How to send files from Android to macOS
First of all, I must point out that the procedure below can only be done on computers that run macOS 10.7 or newer versions. So check the updates menu to make sure your PC is up to date.
That said, follow these instructions to learn how to transfer files from an Android device:
- Open the browser and access android.com/filetransfer;
- Click the “Download now” button;
- When the download is complete, open the DMG file;
- Drag the program icon to “Apps”;
- Start the program — the next time it will open automatically when it detects the device;
- Unlock the device and plug it into your computer’s USB port;
- On your device screen, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification;
- Select the “File transfer” option;
- The program will open a transfer window with all files stored on the device;
- To perform the transfer, drag the desired file to any folder on your computer.
How to resolve file transfer issues
As efficient as the software is, there is still the possibility of other problems that prevent the transfer of files. So I’ll show you some solutions:
- Restart your computer;
- Make sure your Android device is in the latest version;
- Use a different USB cable — not all cables can transfer files;
- Test the USB port of your Android device by connecting it to a different computer;
- Test your computer’s USB port by connecting another device.
Okay, now you already know how to transfer files from Android to macOS using official Google software.